Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blog Assignment #5



Ischool Initiative

The video was very nice; many kids would love the opportunity to be able to stop the use of the # 2 pencil. Technology is something that most every student has use of in there day. So to incorporate the use of the most used device into the learning environment would make things smoother. Also the ability to lower cost in schools would be a nice benefactor for both parents, teachers and students. I believe that the ischool will become highly used in the years to come.

I found that the video really caught my attention. So much that I wanted to check out his organization ischool. The website was very interesting, even with a link to help donate to the cause. Visiting the website gave me an inside look about what they were trying to accomplish. Making a stand to help revolutionize the education process is exciting and fun. Visit the website and help make a change toward a better educational future.

Lux Aurumque First the music side of me must speak. I have song this piece before and I must say that it is not easy and that it sounded beautiful. The fact that this was created using the internet is amazing. The pitch was amazing and the blend was wonderful. Over the phone and internet there is usually a drag time with the voice but everything fell in place. Including the director, for that many people singing and watching a director at the same time while on the internet trust me it's much harder than what it seems. This was amazing to watch and hear.





Mr. Roberts
 Kevin’s ideas for teaching in the 21st century are amazing. He is hitting the point that it want be enough to teach formulas and theories. That each student will have the ability to look up the regular things taught on their on. That the wide variety of helpful sites gives this ability to them. He was saying that if the teaching continues this way then those helpful websites would might as well be teaching for us.



Flipped The Class Room
I watched the Katie Gimbar parts of why I flipped my class room. I think that flipping the class room is a great idea. I understood exactly what she was saying by the different levels of students in the class room. Giving the students something they control to go about at their on pace I believe can work very well. I would defiantly be able to use this in my teaching. Mainly because of the help it gives to open up time for interaction in the class room between teacher and student.


3 comments:

  1. This is Blog Assignment #5. Please correct title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamarsio, I read over Blog Assignment #5. It seems that you did the assignments correctly, but your spelling and grammar usage could use some real work. You had a few incorrect spellings as well as using "there, their, and they're" incorrectly. I did, however, love that you incorporated your musical enthusiasm into your post. You had great input about each topic. My advice to you is to proof read your posts before you publish them. Also, your picture layout could use some polishing up as well. I don't think Mr. Hadley would approve of this post. Just another glance could do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lamarsio,

    Good job on your post. I'm glad that you have found some useful information form this assignment! These new ways of teaching and learning are only getting more diverse, so having a basic knowledge about these things is very important to the 21st Century teacher.

    I'm glad you liked the virtual choir! I am glad this was included because it shows what is possible now with technology.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete